广西大学
讲师
广西大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(27)
考试(5)
下载资料(13)

How to improve reading speed when we read critically?

By 赵林健生 2020-02-27 635次浏览

I personally think that for students with slow reading speed, it is necessary to improve the reading quality and critical reading aibility based on the improvement of reading speed. What do you think about?

48 回复

• 肖洋 2020-02-27

A good question! You are so intelligent! So I think you can solve this tough problem by yourself!Fighting!

收起
  • 胡少斐 老师 2020-02-27

I agree with you. It might take long time and lot of trainings to be a fast reader with critical reading comprehension. 

Critical reading is a more ACTIVE way of reading. It is a deeper and more complex engagement with a text. Critical reading is a process of analyzing, interpreting and, sometimes, evaluating. When we read critically, we use our critical thinking skills to QUESTION both the text and our own reading of it. Different disciplines may have distinctive modes of critical reading (scientific, philosophical, literary, etc).

收起
  • 张娜 2020-02-27

you should learn to guess some words and find the key ideas.

回复
  • 刘鹏 2020-02-27

I think we should read more and memorize more words, and then we can do it with modern technology

回复
  • 刘秉旺 2020-02-27

First read the whole article quickly, then find yourself interested in reading the details.

回复
  • 张祖青 2020-02-27
    1. Preview the material you're going to read. Look at main headings, chapter divisions, and other relevant material to develop clues about the structure of the work.
    2. Adjust your reading speed as you read the material. Slow down when you need to be sure that you comprehend a section of material. Speed up if you are already familiar with (or don't need to know) other sectionsp.
    收起
  • 韩起龙 2020-02-28

At the beginning,we can't fit foreign writting style,but we can do more exercise,we will do a good job finally.

回复
  • 叶顺婷 2020-02-28

I think we should simply scan the full text and focus on the beginning and end of each paragraph. When we encounter unknown words, we can skip them for a while and then contact the context to guess. Of course, the speed of reading needs a process.

收起
  • 罗方芳 2020-03-01

Try to ask some questions from  the title before you read.

收起
  • 段楠 2020-03-02

I think  you want to improve reading speed should increase vocabulary and guss words.And mostly browse the title also can get information.

回复
  • 陆进 2020-03-02

I think we can try to ask some questions when reading, such as: why is this? What is its theoretical basis? Of course, we should consciously exercise our reading speed when we are reading.

收起
  • 陈祖田 2020-04-29

First of all, we should be familiar with the words, and then read them often to improve our speed.

回复
  • 陈跃洲 2020-05-07

I think I usually accumulate more vocabulary.

回复
  • 韦雨成 2020-05-08

1.When we read, we should concentrate so that we can improve the speed.

2.We need to scan the title quickly,it could be able to know the general meaning.

3.Skip key words. When we read, we should pay attention to the key words such as prepositions, conjunctions, or emphasis words, so that reading can save a lot of time.

4.Guess the meaning of words. When we read an article or a book, words that we don't know can be guessed by context, word structure, relationship.

回复
  • 玉水华服 2020-05-08

Improving my English ability.

回复
  • 陈彦廷 2020-05-10

1.Find the key words and the trunk in the sentence and string them together; 2.Enrich our own vocabulary;3.Improve our reading ability.

回复
  • 何家勇 2020-05-10

We should learn some reading skills to increase the amount of reading and enhance our comprehension.

回复
  • 贾慧丽 2020-05-11

Increasing your vocabulary is essential.  Look for key words when you read.

回复
  • 康馨元 2020-05-13

I think that you should pay attention to repeated words, conjunctions and infection words. What's more,reading with questions may be helpful since you have goals.

回复
  • 温洋 2020-05-13

First of all, we should be familiar with the words, and then read them often to improve our speed.

回复
  • 唐顶 2020-05-14

Maybe we should read more English books and memorize more words.

回复
  • 黄炽安 2020-05-14

We should read more and memorize more words.

回复
  • 越南语181黄燕妮 2020-05-15

We do not need to read the paper word by word ,we can just scan the important part to grasp the important informantion.

And we should keep reading and read mastly to improve the resding speed.

回复
  • 彭巧 2020-05-16

Trying to remember more English word ,then you will get the meaning quickly,and can improve the reading speech.

回复
  • 陆冬亮 2020-05-16

I think to improve our reading speed,the most important way is to memorize more English words,phrase,and master more English fixed sentences,have a better know of English grammar.And all of these are the basic way.And next step is trying to do more English readings, grasp the key words of the reading.As we all know that,practice makes perfect! Hope everyone can master an efficient and special reading skills.Good luck!

回复
  • 不是陈秋利 2020-05-17

Don't try to understand the specific meaning of each word

回复
  • 莫庭婷 2020-05-17

Yeah I totally agree with U.We should get both quality and quantity when read.

回复
  • 韦凯哲 2020-05-18

Grabbing the key words and sentences can increase your reading speed.

回复
  • 范洁铃 2020-05-18

When we read the intensive articles, we should make notes of the new words and phrases and good sentences. After reading them, we may ask ourselves some questions about them by using such words: Who, What, Why, When and Where. Then try to answer them in our own words.

回复
  • 李举帆 2020-05-19

1.Preview the material you're going to read. Look at main headings, chapter divisions, and other relevant material to develop clues about the structure of the work. 

2.    Adjust your reading speed as you read the material. Slow down when you need to be sure that you comprehend a section of material. Speed up if you are already familiar with (or don't need to know) other sectionsp....                                                                                            

回复

添加回复