广西大学
讲师
广西大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(27)
考试(5)
下载资料(13)

whai is you purpose of learning this course?what did you get?

By 谭丽婷 2020-02-21 333次浏览

教师的答案

• 胡少斐 老师 2020-04-16

n a nutshell, Academic Language is the language typically found in textbooks, used daily in our classrooms, and presented on tests we regularly give. It is the language that students must master in order to succeed in any content area. It is comprised of discipline-specific vocabulary, grammar and punctuation, and applications of rhetorical conventions and devices that are commonly used in a content area.

Mastering Academic Language is a challenge for all students. Any student in your classroom may struggle with tasks that require proficiency with Academic Language, such as reading, writing, speaking and listening. Research clearly shows that it is especially challenging for students with limited exposure to that language outside of school. For these children, under-developed Academic Language skills are largely responsible for poor reading comprehension, a keystone in mastering any content.

More specifically, Academic Language is believed to be one of the most important factors in the academic success of English Language learners (ELLs), and it has been shown to be a major contributor to achievement gaps between ELLs and English-proficient students.

回复 (1)

30 所有答案

• 擒九域 2020-02-21

To improve my English self-learning ability through spare time.

收起
  • 雷江晨 2020-02-21

There are two main reasons.First one is that Academic English is a occupatioanl part of the whole English ,learning it could help me with many academic quetisons.The other one is that Academic English emphasizes the significance of standard of English ,thus ,I am supposed to acquire more baisc knowledge that I have not known yet. 

回复
  • 潘媛 2020-02-22

Review the words I always can't remember.

回复
  • 汤子怡 2020-02-22

To review the words that I have learned and remember the words that I don't know.

回复
  • 贺麟雅 2020-02-22

Improve my English learning ability and consolidate my English knowledge. I learned a lot about academic English in this course.

回复
  • 周显涛 2020-02-22

I think it is a good way to improve my English at this time

回复
  • 水豚肉肉仔 2020-02-22

Improve my English and enrich myself.

回复
  • 草二木 2020-02-22

To improve my English.

回复
  • 雷含霞 2020-02-22

Because the school asked me to learn this.I've learnt about academic English and,via the website to carry on my English study.

回复
  • 黄金海 2020-02-22

because it is a wonderful course.

回复
  • 韦雨昕 2020-02-23

To get my credits and pass the tests. I've learned that free of discipline is unavailable.

回复
  • 王洪基 2020-02-23

The purpose of my study of this course is to improve my English ability. I have gained a lot of knowledge about English writing.

回复
  • 戴金元 2020-02-24

The purpose of this course is to master more advanced knowledge, prepare for our future work, and learn more standard and formal English writing skills.

回复
  • 蒋佩玉 2020-02-24

To continue our English study at home.

回复
  • 黄春丽 2020-02-24

Learning this course can expand my thinking and improve my English ability to a higher level. This course taught me how to read critically, taught me how to write a paper, and taught me how to engage an audience when giving a speech

回复
  • 贾梅 2020-02-25

To get the ability to complete a research report.

回复
  • 罗鸿丹 2020-02-26

In order to cultivate students' academic listening and reading abilities, students are required to be able to basically understand the professional courses taught in English and read the literature review of their major.

回复
  • 李凯 2020-02-26

Through the course , I can learn about how to finish a research paper and improve it with the tips from the lesson.

回复
  • 邓馨烨 2020-02-26

My main purpose is to  improve my skills in academic English. Learning this course, I reap how to build academic reading skills and how to set about academic writing.

回复
  • 韦智益 2020-02-26

Attracted by the charm of the language, they learn it spontaneously

回复
  • 向琦文 2020-02-26

To find out the useful methods of english wrtting.

回复
  • 朱施雨 2020-02-26

To master skills to read and write papers.

回复
  • 谭爽 2020-02-26

I want to improve my English. Through these days of learning or learned a lot of things, I have to do a lot of things, every time I finish Chengdu has a special sense of achievement.I want to improve my English. Through these days of learning or learned a lot of things, I have to do a lot of things, every time I finish Chengdu has a special sense of achievement.

回复
  • 1820200319黄一洋 2020-02-26

As for me, learning some skills of academic writing is my target, which will benefit my education road

回复
  • 刘若兰 2020-04-12

To get a better understanding of English for academic purposes.

回复
  • 胡少斐 老师 2020-04-16

n a nutshell, Academic Language is the language typically found in textbooks, used daily in our classrooms, and presented on tests we regularly give. It is the language that students must master in order to succeed in any content area. It is comprised of discipline-specific vocabulary, grammar and punctuation, and applications of rhetorical conventions and devices that are commonly used in a content area.

Mastering Academic Language is a challenge for all students. Any student in your classroom may struggle with tasks that require proficiency with Academic Language, such as reading, writing, speaking and listening. Research clearly shows that it is especially challenging for students with limited exposure to that language outside of school. For these children, under-developed Academic Language skills are largely responsible for poor reading comprehension, a keystone in mastering any content.

More specifically, Academic Language is believed to be one of the most important factors in the academic success of English Language learners (ELLs), and it has been shown to be a major contributor to achievement gaps between ELLs and English-proficient students.

收起
  • 胡训烽 2020-05-30

Learning the writing of academic research and further improving the writing level of English

回复

添加答案