南京师范大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(33)
作业(8)
考试(1)

Some thoughts about this movie

By Jane1173103089 2020-04-06 279次浏览

The movie’s name is The Queen, but it tells the stories of two important women in the UK’s Royal Family. Actually before I saw the movie, I did simply think that being the Queen of United Kingdom was the easiest job in the world. Her duties are just ceremonial, but she receives high income and respect from the whole country even all over the world. That’s not the fact. We don’t know her difficulties, while the movie tells us some. Diana’s death narrowly thrown the Queen out of office and nearly drove the ancient out of Britain. After the breaking news came out, millions of people across London erupt in an outpouring of grief at Buckingham. But the Queen observes that, since Diana was divorced from her husband, she is no longer a part of the family. This is in contrast with newly-appointed Prime Minister Tony Blair and Diana's ex-husband, who attempt to reflect the public wish. Just a few days later, the flowers pile up along the palace railings, forcing the changing of the Queen's guard to use another gate. British tabloids become inflammatory about the lack of a statement from the Royal Family. Even 40% of the public propose to abolish Constitutional monarchy. Facing this situation, she thought of the promise she made: "whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong..." She cannot let the sacred tradition ruin in her hand. She decides to accept Blair’s advice: attending a public funeral for Diana, flying a Union flag at half mast over Buckingham Palace and speaking to the nation on television. We can hardly imagine her feelings. At last I quote the words coming from Blair which I totally agree with: “That woman has given her whole life in service to her people. Fifty years doing a job she never wanted. A job she watched killed her father. She is executed it with honor, dignity, and, as far as I can tell, without a single blemish, and now we're all baying for her blood! All because she's struggling to lead the world in mourning for someone who threw everything she offered back in her face. And who, for the last few years, seemed committed to destroying everything she holds most dear!” God saves the Queen.

0 回复

• 还没有回复,赶快添加一个吧!

添加回复