南京师范大学中北学院
讲师

课程特色

视频(50)
练习(41)
作业(8)

Unit 6 Pre-class Discussion

By 胡宜雯 老师 06-05 800次浏览

Have you ever done anything against the rules in your life? How do you think you can become a self-disciplined person? Share your experiences with us.

58 回复

• 82230134张舰之 06-06

Yes, I have violated the rules in my life. I think that becoming a self-disciplined person needs to develop good behavioural habits, the ability to control my instinctive desires, and constantly learn from excellent self-disciplined people.

For example, I once had a tight time on my way to school. When I was about to cross the road, I found that it was a red light. This red light had to wait for a whole minute! At this time, there were not many vehicles on the road, and I was a little hesitant. If I ran a red light, I would definitely not be late, but if I didn't run a red light, I might be late. After a struggle of thought, I still decided to wait for the green light, not only for fear of being fined by the camera, but also to ensure my own life. To be a self-disciplined person, you should always be in awe of the rules.

回复
  • 82230114黄举仙 06-07

Throughout my life, I have tried to follow the rules and maintain a sense of self-discipline. However, I must admit that there have been times when I have strayed, perhaps in small ways, from the rules that have been laid before me. These moments always leave me with a feeling of regret, a desire to do better. I had an example of this when I was in junior high school, when I passed a note to a classmate who asked me for an answer during an exam. I realize that such behavior is not only unfair to the other students, to this student's learning, but also to my growth as a person is harmful. It was at that moment that I realized the importance of self-discipline and the value of integrity. To be a self-disciplined person, I believe it is essential to set clear goals and prioritize them. This keeps me focused, avoiding distractions that might lead me astray. In addition, I try to keep a positive attitude and remind myself of the importance of discipline in order to achieve my dreams. In addition, I believe it is very helpful to look to role models with strong self-discipline for inspiration. Their stories and experiences have inspired me to strive for the same level of self-discipline in my own life, and although I have made mistakes in the past, I have always tried to learn from them and become a better, more disciplined person. I believe that anyone can do this with constant effort and dedication.

回复
  • 82230234袁晗菲 06-08

Yes, all I can think of is that I occasionally break traffic rules, mainly when I was running late for school so I would run a red light. I know it is wrong, and I should have departed a few minutes earlier instead of rushing through the traffic lights. I also sometimes ride an electric scooter with my friends without a helmet, taking a chance and assuming that we won't be caught by the traffic police. 

I think that to be a self-disciplined person, not only should one form good habits, even small ones, so I should correct the two behaviors I mentioned above, but also genuinely believe in oneself, believing that she can achieve both immediate goals and lofty ideals. Perhaps that's the case, I am not quite sure, as I am trying to learn to be more self-disciplined.

回复
  • 82230101蔡慧杰 06-08

Yes, I break the rules occasionally in my life. Just like a previous trip to Xuzhou, when we had been walking for a long time, passed many intersections, had not yet reached the destination, and were very hungry, there was no one at the last remote traffic light, so I ran the red light. In other aspects of life, for example, when I go back to my hometown, there will be many elderly people waiting for the traffic lights. When they see others leaving, they will leave and don't look at the red and green at all.

I think my life is still hectic. If I become self-disciplined again, I may collapse, but I don't mean I can completely indulge myself. In my daily life, I will make a plan for myself and list the work and study that needs to be completed every day. I think in a sense, it is also a kind of self-discipline.

回复
  • 82230142周田田 06-08

Yes, I have broken some rules. Once I was riding an electric bike in the street and I saw a traffic police officer checking if an  electric bike rider was wearing a helmet. I was not wearing a helmet, saw the traffic police in front of me, in order to avoid  the traffic police inspection, I took a detour. But from then on I went out on my scooter and wore a helme.I think if you want to become a self-diciplined person, you must first have perseverance. The second is to be strict with you yourself.Be strrict with yourself and follow the rules at all times.

回复
  • 82230525闵杰 06-08

Yes. In the summer when i am high school student I usually finish my  Summer holiday homework and almost least by the deadline, Because nobody force me to do homework on time and I also want to play games and relax. So I'm not discipline 。

ButI know this is a knota good habit, So when I am the three grand in the high school. I make up my mind to change this. I began to discipline And I finish my homework on time and do it every day a little. So sorry but sorry I abundant this bad habit

I thinkdiscipline is a very  Good habit, We should learn how to control ourselves, how to then what should we do? When should we do and why we should we do, Just do this. We can become the man we wanted to and the things we want to get

回复
  • 82230140郑欣悦 06-08

Yes, I have done something against the rules in my life. When I quit drinking milk tea and eating food with high calories and decide to lose weight,I can contol myself for a time ,but after some time i become very eager to eat them,so,i can't control myself and tell myself ''only this time''.After i ate it,i realize that i have done something against my losing wieght plans.I think to be a self disciplined person,first we cannot break the public rules,second we can make some rules to restrict ourselves.Moerover ,i think we should give ourselves some rewards when we make out and give ourselves some punishments when we break our rules.

回复
  • 82230106杜淼淼 06-08

Yes, sometimes I break some rules. Once, I was riding a bicycle, when there was no car on the road, I came to a traffic light, when it was just a red light, I stopped.I looked around, there are no cars, no traffic police and cameras.Then I rode the bicycle and ran the red light. Although it did not cause a traffic accident, it is wrong to run the red light and we should obey the traffic rules. In my opinion, it is not easy to follow the rules all the time without any supervision, but it can be done. We should always maintain a heart of fear,thinking that maybe God is somewhere watching over you, and if you break the rules, you will be punished accordingly, and bad luck will find you. No matter when and where we have to follow the rules.

回复
  • 82230437夏周宇 06-08

During the epidemic period, my class took the exam at home due to the severe epidemic, while the students in other classes took the exam at school. It is possible for us to take an exam online knowing that the rules are correct. However, we will maliciously break the rules, secretly cheat in places that are not seen by the camera, and violate the integrity. Just to make our superficial results look higher, we know that this is not right. The teacher stressed this point clearly. However, after the results were released, the results of our class were much higher than before. We should not deceive ourselves and follow the trend. In fact, the results of this last exam are not taken into account in academic considerations, so we should not do superficial work, but make real work.We must know that cheating is wrong, and violating integrity is even more wrong.

回复
  • 86230850邹镇怡 06-09

In my daily life, I always follow the rules, because I think they make sense. For example, I won't run a red light in any case, giving priority to my life security. Admittedly, I know that the rules are made by people so that someone may break them, but in my mind that isn't in excuse of taking this action.

I managed to be a self-deciplined person. Before accomplishing the task I will often make the plan .In addition, I have a healthy diet and I enjoy doing some sports which can not only improve my physical quality but relax my mind. Besides, it is essential for me to read and learn some books everyday as a great habit. Although I know that being a self-deciplined person will be difficult, I have a confidence to live a happy, full life.

回复
  • 82230128杨丹妮 06-09

In my daily life, I have always been a very rule-following person. When I'm waiting at the traffic light, even if there's no traffic around, I wait until the light turns green. But to my shame, I've done things that broke the rules. During a monthly exam in my senior year of high school, a friend of mine happened to be seated behind me in the exam room, so she asked me to pass her the answer on a small piece of paper during the exam.   I could not resist her obstinacy, so I had no choice but to agree to her request.   Although we passed the exam without danger and she managed to get good grades with my help, I was still not happy in my heart. I think to be a self-disciplined person is to have the right values, to know what you can and can't do, and to always follow the rules in your heart.

回复
  • 82230442许文彬 06-09

In my daily life, I sometimes don't follow the rules. But under no circumstances would I run a red light or do something dangerous, because I know life doesn't come easy.
    But in certain situations, I will break the rules appropriately. Although this is not a desirable thing, sometimes breaking the rules can solve some urgent problems.
    I often tell myself to be a self-disciplined person, so I will make plans for myself, and these plans must be followed by me at all times, not broken by some other thing, unless it is a very urgent situation.
    In my opinion, breaking the rules is sometimes good or bad, we can not because a person broke the rules and deny everything he did, maybe he just had to, maybe he has more important things to do, so it should be one-sided to look at whether it can break the rules.

回复
  • 82230107冯杉琪 06-10

I have done things that violate traffic rules in my life. After I just got my driver's license, I drove on the road with my dad sitting in the passenger seat. When passing through an intersection, it happened to be a red light, with only our car and no other cars or pedestrians. I stepped on the accelerator and ran a red light. My dad criticized me for this and asked me to strictly abide by traffic rules at all times. I believe that if you want to become a disciplined person, you need to constantly remind yourself. For example, you can write down what you should do or what you should pay attention to on a sticky note, and paste it anywhere you can see it at any time. This way, as you watch more times, you can gradually achieve it.

回复
  • 82230212江佳妮 06-10

Yes, I have done some things that broke the rules. On a recent Saturday, I didn’t start early enough in the morning to miss the high-speed train, so on my way, I ran a red light.

I think to be a self-disciplined person, you must first set a goal for yourself, so that you can discipline yourself. Second is to go to bed early and get up early, have a good living habit. Finally, I can arrange my time reasonably and practice it actively.

回复
  • 82230228吴明珠 06-10

Yes, I sometimes do things against the rules. I make it a rule that I must go to bed before twelve o 'clock, and sometimes I go to bed at half past twelve or one o 'clock. But I will obey the traffic rules carefully. I will not run the red light, no matter whether there are other cars or not. Safety is very important, in case of an accident, it is not worth the loss. In my opinion, to become a self-disciplined person, we must first set goals for ourselves, and then no matter how difficult it is, we must stick to them and never give up.

回复
  • 82230112胡正鸿 06-11

When I was in high school, my school was about 3 kilometers away from my home, passing through 3 traffic lights. One morning I woke up late, but in the end I arrived on time. Because it only took me 7 minutes from home to school and I ran two red lights on the way.If I want to become a disciplined person, I need someone to supervise me for a period of time, and after I get used to this mode, I can consciously follow some rules.

回复
  • 82230222任科霞 06-11

We have always known a saying, "Nothing can be accomplished without norms and standards." Therefore, in our lives, there are all kinds of rules filling it to restrain our behaviors. But actually I have violated some small rules. For example, there is a sign in front of the teaching building that says: "Breakfast cannot be brought into the classroom", but I did. Sometimes when I reflect on myself, I feel that maybe I am too lenient with myself, which is why I keep having small problems. I think learning to abide by rules is equivalent to learning to restrain oneself and doing the appropriate things at the appropriate occasions and places. Just like in the library, everyone tacitly keeps quiet because the purpose of the people who come here is to study. So we should be strict with ourselves, and restraining ourselves is a big step in growth.

回复
  • 82230111胡月姣 06-11

Yes, I did something against the rules in my high school. At that time, it was not allowed to take lights to the school in order us not to use them after the power was cut off. But actually almost everybody had a light. We use them after cutting off the power, because you know we only have about half an hour for at least four people to take shower, wash clothes and do some study. So the time is far from enough for us. 

I’ve seen an interesting way to become a self-disciplined person and it’s very effective for me. Now imagine yourself as a princess or a public person and enjoy the high-effective, healthy and elegant lifestyle. The most important one is that this kind of lifestyle is not a forced one but a lifestyle that you are very enjoyable. Through it you can become more and more healthier, more beautiful and more successful. You can feel that you can control your life. So it is a positive cycle.

回复
  • 82230123吴计雪 06-11

Yes, I have done something against the rules. 

When I was in high school, if there was a teacher in front of the classroom, we would always keep quiet and study hard. However, every time the teacher left the classroom, I would sometimes lose control of myself and follow my classmates to talk to each other, which led to the class becoming very noisy. When the teacher came back for inspection, we would keep quiet immediately and it was difficult to achieve self-discipline.

I think self-discipline is a very difficult thing, first of all, we need to change inertia from the aspect of thinking, second, we need to have a strong sense of goal to drive ourselves to practice, and finally, we need to have a strong executive power and perseverance.

回复
  • 徐娴 06-11

Yes, in fact I've always been a less disciplined person, but I prefer to call it creative. Let's think about why rules exist, what their purpose is, in my opinion,Rules are to help people better manage, better bring convenience to people, but when in an environment that does not need rules, then sticking to the rules is actually a kind of unflexible behavior, which can also be said to be a wooden head.Rules say more is also a kind of external constraints, if a person self-discipline does not need rules to bind will do everything in line with etiquette, the same, if a person is not self-discipline, others how to persuade him is useless.I think I can become a self-disciplined time, I hope everyone can, because true freedom is self-discipline

回复
  • 82230216靳颖佳 06-12

I ran a red light when I was in a hurry. It was wrong and I will not do it again. Becoming a self-disciplined person involves cultivating good habits, setting clear goals, and consistently managing your behavior. Start by setting clear goals, identifying specific goals you want to achieve, and making a plan for it. Secondly, establish daily habits. Self-discipline is often closely related to good daily habits. Pick one or a few of the most important habits to start with, like waking up early, exercising regularly, or eating healthy, and stick to them. Then accept the failure and learn from it. Everyone has undisciplined days. It's important to recognize that failure is part of growing up, learn from it, and move on.

回复
  • 82230125夏海燕 06-12

Yes.Last time I was hanging out with my friends, when we passed the intersection, although it was a red light, we stopped to look, there was no traffic around, so we ran the red light. Thinking about it now, I just think we were lucky that no vehicle suddenly rushed out.And I think the habit of self-discipline is to set clear goals, to make plans and schedules, to establish good habits to develop good habits, to seek support and supervision.I will try my best to become a self-disciplined person.

回复
  • 82230237张梓玉 06-13

Yes, I have done things that violate the rules. When I was in junior school, I went across from the school to buy stationery. My estimated time was exactly when I arrived at the school, but because there were too many people at the stationery store, the time I left was much shorter than I had anticipated. I was afraid of being scolded for being late, so I chose to run a red light. This behavior is wrong and violates the rules. I believe that becoming a self-disciplined person should first abide by the rules, and then strictly demand oneself and form hobbits.

回复
  • 82230206郭明园 06-13

Yes, I have violated the rules. I have run a red light. When I'm going to be late for school or in a hurry to do something, of course, it's also based on the fact that there are not many cars.

I think that to become a self-disciplined person, you should first understand what to do and what not to do, make a reasonable plan for yourself, and act according to this plan. For example, I have made a study plan. If I get up at 7 a.m., I should follow this plan instead of thinking about it. Just like many people lose weight, control their diet and lose weight reasonably. We need to truly abide by the plan and be a self-disciplined person.

回复
  • 82230102曹思宇 06-13

Yes, I have broken some rules in my life. As for me, in the library of my hometown, I was looking for a place to read with a new borrowed book. But I didn't put my phone on silent, so when a crank call came in later, the ring was loud, and people in the library were staring at me, which embarrassed me. I am also very embarrassed to disturb others reading or studying. For me, self-discipline is not getting up at six o 'clock and studying at seven o 'clock, but doing something that I stick to no matter what others do or say, without disrupting my own rhythm.

回复
  • 82230514姬于捷 06-13

When I was in high school, because I went to school too early and too late, I usually cycled to school by my own. There were few pedestrians and vehicles on the road. Generally, in order to save time on the road, I would run a red light, although this was a bad behaviour and violated the rules.To be a self-disciplined person, I think I have to really fear the rules from the bottom of my heart, so that the rules can better restrain myself and be a self-disciplined person.Then think about the consequences and disadvantages of violating the rules, which will alert yourself not to violate the rules.

回复
  • 82230103陈曼妮 06-13

Yes, I once ran a red light on the way to school.I am a rule-abiding person, but several times I was late for school and there were no pedestrians or cars on the road, so I rushed through the red light in a hurry.I knew this was a mistake, so I forced myself to wake up earlier to avoid it .

To be a self-disciplined person, first we should have goals, if a person does not have goals, then he is doomed to be lazy all day. Second, we should make one big plan and several small plans for ourselves. This will give us the energy to accomplish our goals and provide us with motivation. Finally, we need a proper rest, after all, the combination of work and rest is the best state of daily life.

回复
  • 82230105陈思远 06-14

I remembered that I once did something against the rules. Once, I made an appointment with a friend to meet at a certain time, but I was late because of my own slowness. I didn't want to keep my friend waiting too long, so when I was at the intersection, I ran a red light when there was no traffic on the road. But unfortunately, a car sped by and almost hit me. At that time, I deeply realized my mistake and reflected on it.
    To become a self-disciplined person, I  need to have a reward for myself. It's important to set self-discipline goals, first make a plan, then stick to the plan, and reward myself for completing it. Over time, self-discipline becomes a habit. Simply put, it is to form a plan, implementation, inspection, and then take action, and to manage their own cycle.

回复
  • 82230130殷姝 06-14

Yes, I have broken some rules in my life. Once, when the high-speed train I took had already started ticket checking, but I was still queuing for security checks, I was very anxious and quickly passed through the gap in the queue. Afterwards, I always travel ahead of schedule to avoid such situations from happening again. To be a self-disciplined person, I need to set a long-term and short-term goal to quit procrastination. At the same time, I need to maintain a strong sense of time and take every task seriously. To truly achieve self-discipline, it is necessary to cultivate self-discipline into a lifestyle habit.

回复
  • 82230117李念洋 06-15

Before, I would not do something against the rules, especially the traffic rules. Because one day when I was about ten years old, my mom was going to take me to a water park on a scooter, and I was really looking forward to it. But when she was crossing a junction, because she was not paying attention to the traffic, a car knocked us down. Luckily, it was not a big problem. My mother also stabilized the car, but because it hit the back of the battery car, the car turned a big circle before stabilizing, and I was thrown a few meters because of the huge impact. Fortunately, it was just a knee injury. Because of this, I am learning the process of bicycle and electric bike is very careful, on the road also very abide by the traffic rules. But after a long time, my driving skills have become more and more skilled, and this matter is not anything for me, so now I will also violate traffic regulations.
    In my study and life, I have never been a self-disciplined person, but now I really want to become self-disciplined. For example, I am a person with poor memory, and I always forget some homework or work and delay other things. Therefore, I will set reminders to edit things as soon as I have something to remember. I am also a person who is not very focused, so when I was in high school, in order not to start touching my hair and ears after listening to the class, I would write on the desk that I should not touch my hair. Although I have not been able to become a self-disciplined person, I believe that starting from these details, slowly can change.

回复

添加回复