南京师范大学中北学院
讲师

课程特色

视频(50)
练习(41)
作业(8)

U5 Unit Discussion

By 王文琴 老师 05-30 79次浏览

The author Janet Mendell Doldstein believes that people in the United  States are now becoming more and more impatient. They can't wait for things to happen. They are always in a hurry.  Do you think what she said proves to be true of quite a number of people in China? Please give examples to justify your answer.

6 回复

• 82230323钱嘉珺 06-02

She said proves to be true of quite a number of people in China.

For example, when some people are waiting for a bus, they will start anxiously checking their phones after only one or two minutes.

When queuing to buy something, some people see that the queue in front of them is a little longer, they will choose to give up the queue, choose other ways to buy, or directly complain that "how slow ".

When browsing information on the Internet, some people see that the loading speed is a little slow, and they will keep refreshing the page, or they will give up looking at the page.

回复
  • 82230319毛顾佳 06-04

I think what she said proves to be true of quite a number of people in China。

For example,people are often reluctant to wait in line.They are impatient in traffic jams, expecting quick service in restaurants, shops, etc.People are impatient with other people's explanations or expressions in interpersonal communication, and eager to express their views.

回复
  • 82230303储海茹 06-16

I think that's right.

In today's society, people are always in a hurry, they pay attention to the speed of everything, they are not willing to wait in a long line for dinner, and they are always in a hurry to refresh the page on their mobile phones. Because the content appears later, they show impatience with waiting, it seems that whether they can reach the goal faster becomes the only criterion.

回复
  • 82230301鲍思雨 06-30

Yes, I think what she said proves to be true of quite a number of people in China.

Take me, a Chinese, as an example. I'm in a hurry every day, I can't wait to break through the red light for one minute, I can't wait to eat instant noodles for three minutes, I can't wait to rush for the express delivery for three days, and I can't wait to watch the commentary directly when I watch a movie. It still seems that nothing has acquired of it.

In today's rapid economic development in China, how to slow down is a spiritual issue worthy of each of us to think about.

回复
  • 82230347周婷 07-05

I think what she said proves to be true of quite a number of people in China。

For example, when shopping, many people may chooseFor example, when shopping, many people may choose for express delivery services to reduce many people may choose to shop online and opt for express delivery services to reduce waiting time. Similarly, our preference for watching short videos is because we are unwilling to spend time appreciating a complete film and instead choose to watch clips that we like or those selected by the public.

回复
  • 82230332王佳怡 07-07

I think what she said reflects on the Chinese people. For example, people love short videos, because the happiness obtained by short videos is quick and immediate. As well as people's flirtatious notions of love and their eagerness to get a salary or promotion as soon as they start work. There is also the ever-increasing speed of transportation, which brings convenience but also reflects the fast-moving society.

回复

添加回复