南京师范大学中北学院
讲师

课程特色

视频(50)
练习(41)
作业(8)

Unit 5 Pre-class Discussion

By 胡宜雯 老师 05-18 646次浏览

To be quick or slow, which one do you prefer? Can you provide examples based on your life experiences?

61 回复

• 82230525闵杰 05-18

I tend to be slow, in a relationship, too much insincerity, love change, experience too many breakups, have loved a few people and have been loved a few times, but still haven't been able to leave happiness, love is only simple strokes, but more complex than imagination, a little slower pace and society, can allow us to understand a person with our hearts, to choose the right person, to spend a lifetime together, instead of being like in today's society, tossing and turning, and finally numbing ourselves in the relationship.

In addition, if you want to hurry, you can't reach it, don't rush to achieve it, step by step, move towards the goal, make steady progress little by little, and eventually achieve your goal.

And the slow-paced life, yes, we don't have so much pressure, we are more relaxed every day, we can have a lot of time to do what we want to do, not so busy, there is a feeling of idle clouds and wild cranes.

Finally, as a Chinese saying, life is like a journey, and the important thing is not the destination, but the scenery along the way and the mood to see the scenery. Let's slow down, enjoy every second of life, feel the beauty of life, and live the life we want.

回复
  • 刘皓82230418 05-19

I prefer to be a little slower. Although the pace of today's society is fast, being a little slower can allow me to appreciate a different style of life. When I climbed Mount Taishan Mountain, some people climbed fast and rushed to the top of the mountain, but I chose to slow down. This not only saved energy, but also allowed me to enjoy the scenery and interesting things that others did not see. Until reaching the mountaintop to understand the poet Du Fu's line, "I will climb to the summit and admire the small mountains.".

回复
  • 86230850邹镇怡 05-19

I prefer living a slow life.Because I like being the master of my time,and control it on my own, not for property or others.

I think maybe my parents asked me to live quickly.To be sure, the society today is full of competition.If you cannot keep up with the pace,you will be eliminated.So as we know,Everything in the world is paradox,just as whether to live quickly or slowly.

Therefore,I prefer living a slow life. You can imagine that in a sunny afternoon you sit by the window ,reading a book and drinking a cup of tea.That is really relaxing and comfortable.In my free time,I often wander around the park with my family or  friends to chat without any purpose.

回复
  • 赵娜 05-19

I prefer to live a slow life ,although everyone is in a hurry intoday's society,I find that once I enter  the fast-oaced life ,I tend to be anxious .in addition ,in the present internal society,I feel that I have been catching up but cannot catch up, so it is better to take my time and sit one thing at a time .For example ,in winter,I would like to find a cafe outside to bask in the sun.Empty yourself ,or chat with friends,appropriate space for their thinking is more conducive to their development and improve the efficiency of work

回复
  • 82230239赵自豪 05-19

Personally, living a slow life doesn't make me particularly anxious. Complete each task carefully step by step, which will save me time to check my tasks again. In addition, there are many things in our life worth stopping to enjoy, such as the wild flowers on the roadside, the sunset of one day, or the old people resting in the park. I will choose to ride a bike rather than drive or take a bus, so as not to miss a lot of beautiful things, if there is no particularly urgent situation.

回复
  • 82230224汪媛 05-19

I prefer a slower pace.Because I'm not used to making myself rushed, it feels like there's not enough time for me.On the contrary, I like to do what I want to do at my own pace in life, such as going for a walk in the wind when I have nothing to do, reading a book in the sun, watching my favorite TV while eating, etc. I don't think we need to let ourselves be like a spinning top and never stop, we might as well slow down and face life more calmly.

回复
  • 82230134张舰之 05-19

I prefer slow life because slow life allows me to better experience the beauty of life, relax, and reduce all kinds of pressure in life and study. I don't like the special forces-style travel. I think that kind of travel is too tired. For example, I travelled to Guizhou last summer vacation and stayed there for half a month. I lived in a small village surrounded by mountains, breathing fresh air. I don't have to go out to visit fixed tourist attractions every day. In my spare time, I can stroll around and feel the beauty of slow life.

回复
  • 82230106杜淼淼 05-19

I prefer sometimes to slow down and sometimes to go faster.When I'm on vacation, I want time to pass more slowly.I like to stay in the dormitory, get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, listen to music, watch movies,and think about nothing.Occasionally I like going out for a walk, enjoying the sunset and breathe the fresh air to relax myself.
    But sometimes I prefer to go faster and I am impatient.For example, when I am waiting in line at the canteen, I want to eat my food so quickly that I have no mind to do anything else.When I buy an item online that I like, I can't wait to get it as soon as possible, so I look at my delivery information from time to time.What's more,when teachers assign homework, I will finish it as soon as possible and try my best not to occupy my holiday time to write it.

收起
  • 82230123吴计雪 05-19

I prefer living a slow life.

In study life, I am a relatively cautious and slow person. When faced with questions raised by teachers, I tend to think in multiple dimensions to make my answers more comprehensive. This kind of thinking takes a certain amount of time, so I like to slow down.

In daily life, I also like to slow down and appreciate the beauty of life. In an Alpine valley, there is a large motorway with beautiful scenery on both sides, and a sign on the road advises visitors,"Take your time and enjoy!" When I see something beautiful, I feel happy for a long time. But,When I feel depressed, the sad mood will also stay for a long time because of my slow thinking.

However, I still enjoy the slow life, no matter how fast the pace of the outside world is, I prefer to do my own thing in my own time zone.

回复
  • 孙思民 05-20

I prefer living a slow life

In my life,I don't like to rush through things.Slow pace of life can let me experience the fun of life.For example, when climbing the mountain last year, the peers did not care about the scenery along the way, they just wanted to climb quickly and ignored the scenery along the way.

In study life,I think being slow can make us more careful.I remember when I took the college entrance examination, because I rushed to answer the questions, I did not reach my ideal score in math.

回复
  • 82230101蔡慧杰 05-20

I think choosing a fast life or a slow life depends on specific things. If it's in terms of study or work, I hope to hurry up, because I don't want to put things off until the next day. Moreover, being busy will make me feel full. But if it's in life, I hope it's still slow. Don't be anxious. When you relax, you can completely relax. You won't be disturbed by anything. You can go out to play and record your life. It's not the same as having to deal with business when I play.

回复
  • 82230111胡月姣 05-20

I think it depends. Most of the time, I prefer to be quick honestly. But this is not equivalent to rushing, but a planned fast-paced life. I hope that my college life is fulfilling and well-organized. I tend to finish my tasks one by one. I get used to making a to-do list and I enjoy the process of crossing out these tasks gradually. In the last half month, I have fully utilized all my spare time to participate in varies activities which make me feel energetic. At that time, a voice came from my mind, 'that should be my college life' ! However, after continuous high-intensity learning and life, I need to slow down to restore my energy, like travelling, reading, walking or just taking a sunbathe. For example, after last year's college entrance examination, I travel to Tsingtao with my mother. We chose a leisurely way instead of the whirlwind trip. We spent a day walking in the park and just sitting be the seaside to enjoy the sunshine and the sea. That's all my opinins.

回复
  • 82230210何欣妍 05-20

In this fast-moving, slightly rushed world, most people will inevitably want to live a slower pace of life, and I do. 

When I was in high school, I would watch a movie or a documentary in my room every Saturday night. During this period, I could feel that the world belonged to me, no one bothered me, everything around me slowed down, and I could listen to my inner voice and spend more time thinking.

Being surrounded by the noise and bustle of the outside world, we especially need a world of our own, so that the soul can get habitat. In today's fast-paced life, everyone is walking fast forward, afraid of being left behind by the times, often forgetting to stop the pace and look at the beauty around us. It is not necessary to avoid the noise of cars and horses, we can also obtain a pure land. The sunset before nightfall, the new flowers on the roadside, the moon hanging in the sky, nature has always been around us, we only need to slow down a little and we can find.

收起
    • 胡宜雯 老师 05-24
      Even if u are in college, you can watch a movie or a documentary every Saturday night still. Sometimes I just enjoy being alone, just like u. :)
  • 82230107冯杉琪 05-20

Most of the time, I like to be quick.For example,I hope the classroom time can become faster, the holidays can come faster, I can absorb new knowledge faster, the packages I purchased can be delivered faster, the dramas I like to follow can be finished faster, and every time I queue up, it's my turn to be faster. But when I go on vacation, I hope to slow down and enjoy nature to the fullest. When I am at home or not attending classes, I also hope to slow down and give myself sufficient rest time.

回复
  • 82230130殷姝 05-20

I think it depends on different situations. For example, when I am studying, I prefer to complete tasks as soon as possible. I don't like the feeling of stacking tasks in one day. Before the summer and winter vacation, I hope the time can be faster and review the knowledge as soon as possible. I hope the pace of exam week can be faster. But when I am travelling, I prefer a slower pace. I don't want the fast-paced travel to exhaust me, I like slowing down and enjoy the scenery along the way. Overall, I prefer a fast-paced life at school, but I prefer to be slow at home or during travel.

回复
  • 82230218 05-21

I prefer a little slower, I like slow life since childhood, may be related to my personality, I do not like to scramble, like casual life. For example, when I travel, I will plan to go to a scenic area in advance, I will slowly walk in the scenic area, enjoy the beautiful scenery, taste delicious snacks, maybe a scenic area needs me to spend a day to watch, And the Internet is very hot "college students special forces style tourism" is not attractive to me, some college students go to many scenic spots a day, the pursuit of efficiency, and did not carefully appreciate the scenic spots, I and they are just the opposite, I pursue quality, not the pursuit of quantity. I like a slower lifestyle.

回复
  • 戚国珍 05-21

I prefer to be slow,because when we do something slowly,we can understand it more clearly.For example,when we read a long essay, if we finsh it in one minute we just know it is an essay that has mang words and makes us feel annoyed.But if we use five minutes to finish it,we can understand the meaning that hides in it,because we have rich time to use our minds to understand every word's meaning.So being slow can make people understand this world better. 

回复
  • 82230114黄举仙 05-23

I'd prefer to be quick in some aspects while slow in others, based on the context. For instance, when it comes to daily tasks and responsibilities, I tend to be quick and efficient to ensure they are completed in a timely manner. However, in relationships and meaningful conversations, I prefer to be slow and listen attentively, giving others the space and time to express themselves fully. This allows me to understand their needs and perspectives better, fostering deeper connections. In my life experiences, these examples have helped me balance between being quick and slow, depending on the situation.

回复
  • 徐娴 05-23

I prefer to slow down life, because only by slowing down can you have a deeper experience of life.People are always saving time, but for what? Most people will say, I just don't want to waste my time on trifles, I want to spend my time on more meaningful things, so what is meaningful? This so-called time saving in my opinion is not to save time, but to earn more time. People want to go fast, faster, and they don't really know what they're doing, it just seems like everyone around them is going for speed.I was forced to live a slow life due to poor health. I could not keep up with the pace of people around me, which made me lag behind a lot in my studies and my friends grew apart. However, slowing down allowed me to truly understand the true meaning of life, which is "experience".

When we were in high school, we ran for admission to a good university. We wanted to have double the time every day. When we went to university, we pursued each other for postgraduate entrance examination and graduation. We always talk about "going ashore," but no one realizes that we are going ashore to get into the next river. When we are constantly living a fast-paced life, why not try to stop, forget the so-called purpose of the public pursuit, and seriously take a look at the scenery along the way, after all, the final result of everyone is death, but the process of everyone's life is different.I hope I can live my life to the best of my ability, even if I don't have a fortune in the end, I just live three meals and four seasons in my hometown with my parents and family. There's no one-size-fits-all standard of success in life. I would like to live at a slow pace to experience my life.

回复
  • 王子熠 05-23

I like slow life. Because when I feel myself forced to live a fast-paced life, I feel out of control and I feel like I can't handle the things at hand, with anxiety and confusion. And I always uphold the concept of "slow work makes fine work". I think only by slowing down the speed can we pay attention to the details and live a good life.And another reason I don't like blindly emphasizing  the speed is that I think if we act too fast, there will be a suspicion of "rat rice". I hate rat race,because it is a vicious competition.

回复
  • 82230125夏海燕 05-24

I think it depends on different circumstances.When I am travelling,I prefer a slower life.Because it allows me more time to appreciate the details of life and enjoy the time with my family and friends.Slow life reduces stress and anxiety,helps me self-reflect and relax, and improves the quality of my life. When I was going through exam preparation,I prefer the fast life.It can give me proper pressure so that I can review. Fast life is full of vitality, it can bring more opportunities and challenges, which can help me achieve my goals.

回复
  • 82230121万志青 05-26

It really depends on the specific situation.

Sometimes being quick can be beneficial, such as when responding to urgent matters or seizing opportunities in a timely manner. For example, when there is an important task that needs me to complete within a limited time, being quick can ensure its efficient completion.

On the other hand, being slow can also have its advantages. It allows me to have more careful consideration, in-depth thinking, and avoid hasty decisions that may lead to mistakes. For instance, when I'm making important life choices or analyzing complex problems, taking time to think slowly can lead to more thoughtful decisions.

回复
  • 82230105陈思远 05-27

I prefer my life to slow down. Because I hate to get everything done quickly before deadlines, my own personality is always on fire. I prefer my life to slow down. I don't like "special forces" Tours. It is too tiring to visit many attractions in one day. I prefer to take the slow train to * and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Potala Palace. I prefer my life to slow down. So I go home every week to be with my relatives, I don't want my closest relationships to be compressed by the fast pace. But my mom always looked at me and said, "Can't you just not come back?" ......

回复
  • 82230228吴明珠 05-28

I prefer to go fast because I have more time to arrange other things. For example, I get up in the morning to go to the morning reading, faster I can buy breakfast, finish the morning run, go to the classroom early. But I don't always like to go fast, and the pace of the day can make me tired and irritable. Sometimes I will slow down my pace, slow down the speed of life, let myself enjoy happiness, slowly eat, watch TV.

回复
  • 82230217李可佳 05-28

I prefer the slow pace in life, but actually in a hurry sometimes. I think it's hard to slow down in current society. For example, I felt a year such a long time, almost everyday was new and fresh for me, I would play different games with my two brothers,  I would like to explore the subtle changes around the surroundings, but I don't do that any more. However, my smart phone replace all the fun, I'm immersed on it, accepting lots of information but still get nothing, because I usually just watch it, silding, and forget. I often feel surprised, " What?! New year is about to come!? But I don't did anything this year..." So, I think I should slow my pace, to find a both significant and chill life.

回复
  • 82230102曹思宇 05-28

I prefer to be slow. Slow pace is an active way of life, which allows people to return to nature, feel the relaxed and harmonious mood and discover the beauty that has been neglected. For example, when I see flowers blooming on campus on my way to class, I can stop and have enough time to look for various angles to take photos, instead of taking a hasty photo. Or when the sun goes down in the evening, there is a beautiful pink sunset glow, I can sit on the steps beside the Dragon Lake and enjoy it carefully.

回复
  • 82230213蒋慧慧 05-28

I prefer a slow life. When I go back to my hometown in the countryside every summer vacation, I like to walk in the fields with my grandma after dinner, watch the sunset and listen to the sound of cicadas. It's nice to be away from the city and carefree. I can walk slowly on the road, admire the wild flowers on the roadside, watch the dog fight in the field, and chat with grandma. In the city, everyone lives a fast life, rushing to catch a bus on the way to school, rushing home to do homework after school, having a short meal and facing all kinds of things. There is no time to slow down and enjoy life, busy trying to live, and sometimes even a little anxious. So when I grow up slowly, I like the slow life in the countryside more and more.

回复
  • 82230213蒋慧慧 05-28

I prefer a slow life. When I go back to my hometown in the countryside every summer vacation, I like to walk in the fields with my grandma after dinner, watch the sunset and listen to the sound of cicadas. It's nice to be away from the city and carefree. I can walk slowly on the road, admire the wild flowers on the roadside, watch the dog fight in the field, and chat with grandma. In the city, everyone lives a fast life, rushing to catch a bus on the way to school, rushing home to do homework after school, having a short meal and facing all kinds of things. There is no time to slow down and enjoy life, busy trying to live, and sometimes even a little anxious. So when I grow up slowly, I like the slow life in the countryside more and more.

回复
  • 83230137万海沙 05-29

I prefer the fast pace of life. Although the fast pace of life is hectic and stressful, I think it is also a kind of self-satisfying happiness.
    Why do you say that? Because on the basis of my own disorganized, if I am in a state of slow life, then I will be disorganized for a long time, and my thoughts and actions will become more and more dull, so I need a fast-paced lifestyle to break my own "slow" and enrich my slow life.
    For example, going out to travel, I do not like a scenic spot a day, slowly punch in the experience, I prefer the special forces type of travel, a day to visit more than one want to go to the place, until they are exhausted; Or as for dancing, I don't like slow lyrical folk dance, I prefer passionate and fast jazz dance, which will make my emotions more free. Or in terms of work, my parents hope that I can have a stable job or live in a stable city in the future, but I want to challenge myself in places with fierce competition such as Beijing and Shanghai. I like the fast pace of those cities, which will give me motivation and a sense of accomplishment.
    The fast pace of life may make people in a hurry and feel tired, but the feeling of fatigue after fast life is not a kind of happiness? I think this kind of relaxation after a tight day will give me a more contented sense of happiness, which will make me very full, which may be the only relaxation of my own in the fast life.

回复
  • 82230133张欢 05-29

I prefer a slow life. Because I have a mild personality, I will consider a lot before doing things and making decisions, and I cannot determine what I should do decisively. A slow pace can give me more time to think calmly and make organized plans, while a fast pace will mass up my thoughts and make me anxious. Besides, I can enjoy doing everything better in a slower pace of life. However, I also like the convenience brought to me by the fast pace, such as I want to go home quickly, I will choose the high-speed train, I want the express delivery quickly, I will screen the delivery speed of the business.

回复

添加回复