课程特色

视频(59)
考试(53)
讨论(20)
图文(11)
下载资料(8)

Discussion for Unit 3 Book 1

By 王嫣女 老师 11-08 160次浏览

Many people pride themselves on their ability to work as long as it takes to get the job done. But Alex Soojung-Kim Pang says:"Busyness is not a means to accomplishment, but an obstacle to it". How do you understand it? Do you agree?

13 回复

• 夏晨曦 01-11

I don't agree, busyness proves that a person has something to do. At least ,he has a clear goal and  will be accomplished.

回复
  • 郑洢人 01-11

I disagree, busyness is a state of life, and busyness represents goals in life.Busyness is about having a predetermined goal in life

回复
  • 黄汶玲 01-11

I agree with this sentiment. It is possible to be overwhelmed by a constant stream of tasks and responsibilities, which can prevent us from exercising discretionary time to truly excel at what we do. It's essential to find a balance between being busy and making progress towards our goals. We should prioritize our work, manage our time effectively, and take breaks to avoid burnout. By doing so, we can ensure that our busyness actually contributes to our accomplishments rather than hindering them.

回复
  • 梁心雨 01-11

I agree with that, because busyness sometimes is the accumulation of some tedious things. Working and being busy without a purpose will also keep people away from what they want to achieve. 

回复
  • 王越 01-11

I'm sorry I can't fully agree with that. It's true that if you want to be successful, you have to be busy. But it's not about being busy that you get accomplished. Some people do nothing in their lives, they are busy all the time, but they don't seem to get the corresponding gains. This means that they are "fake efforts" and spend a lot of time doing very little. What I agree with is efficient, meaningful busyness, not inefficient and meaningless "busyness".

回复
  • 李玉华 01-11

In Alex Soojung-Kim Pang's view, he argues that the pursuit of busyness does not lead to real achievement, but can instead become an obstacle to achieving it. This means that we should re-examine the way we work and focus on how to complete tasks more efficiently, rather than simply increasing the number of hours we work.

I couldn't agree more. In modern society, with the development of technology and the increase of work pressure, people are more and more likely to fall into a busy state. However, this does not mean that we have achieved more in our work. Therefore, we should try to find better working methods and time management skills to improve work efficiency and quality, rather than just chasing the length of working hours.

回复
  • 濮晨凯 01-11

I'm agree with it.The accomplishment would not come close you for your busyness,but it will approach you for your efficiency.Busy dosen't mean efficient ,instead ,If you work with some technique,you will solve things easily and quickly.Therefore ,we need to avoid the ineffective busyness obstruct your progress towards the accomplishment.

回复
  • 刘瑞 01-11

Busyness can trap us in a passive state, lacking control over our time and energy. When we are busy juggling tasks and demands, we may not be able to devote ourselves to the work that matters most, or have enough time to think, learn, and grow. In addition, excessive busyness can also cause stress and fatigue, which can have a negative impact on our health and well-being.

From this point of view, I agree with Pang. Achievement requires not only time and effort, but also clear goals, effective strategies, and a good mindset. What we should pursue is meaningful and productive work, not just busy work.

回复
  • 王晨源 01-11

I disagree, because I think people are naturally busy when they are working, which is not an obstacle, but a proof that they are working.

回复
  • 詹馥甄 01-11

I disagree with this statement.Because busyness can help us get into a good working state,let's have greater efficiency so that we can achieve more goals.

回复
  • 邹诗彤 01-12

I don't agree with this sentence. In my opinion, being busy is the only way to success. No one's achievements are inexplicable, and we must work hard for it. Moreover, while busy, we are more attentive and don't have time to think nonsense and generate negative emotions. Only when we are busy can we have expectations and visions for the future.

回复
  • 刘敬欣 01-12

Actually,I don't agree with Alex Soojung-Kim Pang.Nowadays,it is necessary for us to spend time improving our various abilities and broadening our horizens so that busyness is extremely unavoidable in this rapidly developing world.Everyone's progress is the progress of the world.Therefore,busyness is not an obstacle to accomplishment.

回复
  • 刘皓天 01-12

Alex Soojung-Kim Pang's statement suggests that being busy does not necessarily lead to accomplishment. It implies that being constantly engaged in work without breaks or balance can hinder productivity and overall success. This perspective aligns with the idea that working smarter, not harder, is more effective in achieving goals.

While it is important to be dedicated and committed to one's work, excessive busyness can lead to burnout, decreased creativity, and reduced efficiency. Taking breaks, maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and engaging in activities that promote well-being are crucial for sustained productivity and overall achievement.

回复

添加回复