南京师范大学
讲师
南京师范大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(33)
作业(8)
考试(1)

The new semester begins. Have you watched any recommendable movies during the summer vacation? What are they?

By 姚望 老师 2022-09-05 1580次浏览

The new semester begins. Have you watched any recommendable movies during the summer vacation? What are they?

23 回复

• Ashly 2022-09-05

I watched Green Book, Gone with the Wind and This Is Us ...

回复
  • 孙苗苗 2022-09-06

Sorry,I haven't.Because I don't find enough time to watch,but I'm interested in them. I'll use weekend to watch some of them.

收起
  • 05210318杭毓晔 2022-09-29

Yes,I watched The Shape of Water and The Pursuit of Happiness. The Shape of water tells a romantic story between a women who could not speak and a unknown creature in the water. What impresses me most is the ending of the moive. The women jumped into the water with the creature, but she did not die. Instead, she grow an organ which can help her breath in the water and a tail like fish. It reminds me of the fariytale The litte Mermaid. The litte Mermaid exchanged her beautiful voice for feet. But just like the prince didn't fall in love with the mermaid, the human world didn't treat the women good. So she jumped into the water with her beloved one from the water.

回复
  • 05210302孔文琦 2022-09-30

Yes,I have watched Turning Red and Hotel Transylvania.I really like Turning Red!It is believed that a true friend can give you much strength and let you be yourself whatever you meet.

收起
  • 05210522栾亦敏 2022-10-01

I watched some comedy films, like Moon You and Minions, and other classic movies. But one French movie called Dans la brume impresses me most. It tells a story that Paris being flooded by a strange deadly smoke and the protagonist Mathieu tries his best to save his daughter. To my surprise, the movie ends with a satirical ending.

回复
  • 05210214李楠 2022-10-03

Yes, I watched some classic films. The Fault In Our Stars is one of my favorite films. Hazel and Augustus embraced both illness and love. On the swing, Augustus said sincerely, 'It'd be a privilege to have my heart broken by you. 'Against the backdrop of Amsterdam, Dom Pérignon and candlelights, he smiled and believed in this star-crossed love. A love rendered and sublimated by death moved me as always.

回复
  • 05210309朱迪 2022-10-10

I have watched the movie Flipped again. I watched it when I was in middle school for the first time, and it impressed me deeply. I still remenber one of those lines. "Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare." I appreciate the heroine for her bravery and sobriety in love.

回复
  • 05210423葛欣然 2022-10-10

I have watched some quite interesting films. One of the films I would like to recommend is Jaws by Spielberg. Jaws is a a disaster thriller which affirms the new model of the Blockbuster era in New Hollywood history. I am so fascinated by the sense of suspense and the tightness of the plot. Another film I would like to share is Rashomon, which tells the story of an appalling case and vividly reveals the gloomy side of human nature. I am impressed by the scene where Rashomon is half intact and half collapsed, symbolizing the psychological world of each person, both good and evil, during the war years.

回复
  • 05210406冯钰雯 2022-10-14

During the summer vacation, a movie called Everything Everywhere All at Once left a deep impression on me. This movie mainly tells the story of a mother and daughter in the multiverse. There are lots of unrestrained elements and plots that perhaps make us feel a little chaotic but intriguing. The movie is divided into three parts. The first part presents a picture of Evelynn's life, extremely busy and stifling. She was kidnapped by endless trifles and the so-called standard of correctness, gradually losing the capacity for expressing love and communicating emotionally. The second part is about Evelynn's daughter, Joy. Throughout her life, she was forced to walk the right way following the willingness of her mother and the consequence was she lost her mind and killed her mother constantly in every universe. Actually, she just wanted to find a mother who could understand her completely. Meanwhile, due to having seen too much, what she can feel is just infinite nothingness. The final part is about the husband of Evelynn, a man who is brimming with love and excels in creating significance of life. In fact, what the director want to discuss is being and nothingness.

收起
  • 05210425韩好 2022-10-19

I have watched some movies during the summer vacation and I find the movie Les Misérables very recommendable. Les Misérables, which was adapted from Victor Hugo’s novel of the same name, is a musical about revolution, love, and humanity. The song that left me with the deepest impression throughout the whole movie is ABC Café / Red and Black. In it were two sets of contradictory lines. “Red, it’s the color of desire. Black, it’s the color of despair.” “Red, the world about to dawn. Black, the night that ends at last.” It is a song that integrated personal love and national revolution deeply and firmly, demonstrating to us that democracy and freedom won’t come without efforts, while also at the same time, illustrating the human side of the revolutionary characters in the movie as an individual. We people are the ones who make the world a different place. We are the determining factors. We all have a fragile part deep within our heart. And as one strive to achieve his or her larger goals, one must never forget to “be human” and to care for the part within the soul that belongs to him or her and to him or her only through the coming struggles.

回复
  • 05210515陈张熔婧 2022-10-19

Yes, I have watched some excellent movies, such as Kill Bill, Everything Everywhere All at Once and so on. The one which I think is the most recommendable is Everything Everywhere All at Once. It reflects all kinds of problems in our daily life in a unrestrained and exaggerated way and leaves a deep impression on me. I am deeply touched by this movie.

回复
  • 05210323黄丁洁 2022-10-21

Yes, I  have watched some impressive moives, such as <Green Book>, <Turning Red> and <Legally Blonde>. I love the three books very much. I gain lots of true ideas from these books. From <Green Book>, I know that all of us shouldn't discriminate against other people. Every one is equal. We should live harmoniously and peacefully. From<Turning Red>, I know that parents should give children more freedom to do what they want to do. From <Legally Blonde>, I know that we should believe ourselves and keep learing. we should have the courage to challenge unreasonable things and authority.

回复
  • 05210402韦楠 2022-10-29

I have watched many films adapted from classic novels during my summer holiday, such as Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, Anna Karenina, and so on. But what impressed me most is another one not included on the above list and that's La La Land. Actually, it's the second time that I watched it this summer holiday. I appreciate the soundtrack of it very much. Part of this is because my senior high school's chorus sang one of the songs at the school art festival and brings me good memories. Meanwhile, the theme of this film inspired me to think a lot. How to keep a balance between wealth and the true or ideal art, especially for those who are not so rich and need to use art as their tools to support life. The music and the theme, that's two main reasons why I love this film.

回复
  • 05210520徐天怡 2022-11-21

The most recommendable movie i watched during the summer vacation must be Call Me By Your Name. The story took place in a small town in Italy in 1980s. The young man Elio, at the age of 17, fell in love with the American college student Oliver who was 7 years older than him. From my perspective, it was far more than a homosexual relationship. From obsession to sounding each other out to departure, instead of narrating the rebellions of the LGBT community, the movie focused on their changeable, innocent and sensitive emotions. This love went beyond the LGBT community: "That love is love, like that is just kind of it, it just looks like love." Back in that time, this kind of relation was completely discriminated, which led to their final departure. However, for them, because of each other, even though the relationship only lasted for 6 weeks, that summer had been engraved on their mind.

回复
  • 05210507宋奕 2022-11-21

First of all, because I am a fan of Anne Hathaway, I rewatch her movies every summer, including the two Princess Diaries, The Devil Wears Prada, Becoming Jane and so on.Among them, the composition and tone of Becoming Jane are what fascinates me. And I found that I liked Becoming Jane better than the famous Pride and Prejudice. After all, reality is not always perfect. The imperfection of life and love makes Jane, a great female writer love.
    In addition, I watched the film "Capernaumo" carefully. Zane told the court: I am suing my parents because they gave birth to me. That phrase has been running through my head the whole time. This movie is full of sadness and pain, but what I got from it is not only negative emotions, but also thinking about family education and the rough fate.

回复
  • 05210322顾天宇 2022-11-22

Yes, I watched some classic movies. They are Litte Woman, Pride and Prejudice and Total Eclipse. The most impressive film among them I think is Total Eclipse. At first, I was surprised by the love between Rimbaud and Verlaine. But at last I was touched by the love between them.

回复
  • 05210414周子楚 2022-11-22

Of course, I really enjoy watching movies and during the summer vacation I have watched many animated movies like Ernest et Célestine, Soul, Fantastic Mr. Fox and so on. Although their plots are relatively simple, but the imagination left me a deep impression. I like animated movies so much, because I don't need to think too much about the theme and connotation while watching them, but can appreciate the picture and the story itself more purely.

回复
  • 05210506许言浩 2022-11-23

Yes, I did watch some excellent films during the summer vacation. There are cartoon films, such as Turning red and Bad Guys, science-fiction films like Everything Everywhere All At Once, and war films including Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter, which is a German film concerning the life of five young adults during the World War ll.

回复
  • 05210516罗子墨 2022-12-03

I've watched a film called Lore. Took place in World War Ⅱ, after the defeat of Nazi Germany, the film described the painful growth of a Hitler Youth member. Her parents sent to Jail, the young girl had to travel a long way to live with her Grandma. By seeing the cruel and barbaric atrocity of Nazi, the girl gradually shaked her beliefs of Nazi, and began to reflect on her role in Nazi Germany and the harm Nazi had done. After watching this film, I searched for more information of Hitler Youth. Because of the psychological distortions brought by the economic crisis and other sorts of reasons, the brainwashed German teenagers strongly believed in Nazi. Our protagonist Lore was just one of them.  Human history has its own tragedy, the most terrible thing is the repetition of it. "Accidental" similarity of history always exists. To prevent the recurrence of such Nazi ideas, we must admit and allow the existence of people's different and independent personalities. From my perspect, that's what this film trys to convey.

回复
  • 05210410李茹钰 2022-12-19

Of course. I've watched La La Land, The Power of the Dog, Rosemary's Baby  Witness for the Prosecution The Man from Earth and Mr. Nobody. And the most impressive one is called l'mThinking of Ending Things, which tells the story in a magical way and at first confused me a lot. After finishing watching it I consulted some information and gradually understood the fear in it.

回复

添加回复