视频(34)
图文(1)
文档(14)
下载资料(14)
讨论(7)
PPT(7)
考试(8)
作业(7)

U4: What do you think of Elsa’s new dress she creates for herself? Do you think women should dress sexily? Why or why not?

By 张晓帆 老师 2019-01-11 1608次浏览

What do you think of Elsa's new dress she creates for herself? Do you think women should dress sexily? Why or why not?

1 回复

• Libretta 2019-02-02

Elsa’s new dress fits her better than her old, conventional dress. In some ways, this dress is a reflection of her new identity. When her power went out of control, she realized that there was no need to remain “a good girl” by restraining her abilities. By changing into this dress, Elsa was saying goodbye to her past fears and starting a new life as the queen of her “kingdom of ice”. She didn’t change her dress back, even after she returned as the Queen of Arendelle. In my opinion, she might have been declaring the full recognition and acknowledgement of her magic.

For the second question, I assert that it's not a problem of “should” or “shouldn't”. Either would be inappropriate, for “should” can be understood as subjecting women to the male gaze while “shouldn't” limits their freedom. My belief is that “women can dress sexily”. They should have the right to decide their dressing styles. In a modern society, conventional clothes and sexy clothes should receive the same acceptance. Of course, we can have thoughts like “that lady’s dress fits her badly”, but as long as people have reasonable garments covering their bodies on reasonable occasions, we must learn to embrace the world’s diversity.

----------------

Looking forward to every valuable comment :)

回复

添加回复