广西大学
讲师
广西大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(27)
考试(5)
下载资料(13)

How do you know whether you have plagiarized or not? How do you avoid plagiarism? (Unit2)

By 陈绮梅 老师 2020-02-24 5385次浏览

443 回复

• 贾梅 2020-02-24

I think a little plagiarism is necessary sometimes, such as datas, quotes, experiment conclusions and so on. However, too much plagiarism is inadvisable, we should avoid it.

收起
    • 马宇 老师 2020-02-25
      Well, I think you mean quotes from others' researches. But when you quote some information in your paper, you must tell the readers the sources.
    • 韩澳 2020-03-04
      Sometimes I will also extract online content, I know moderation is necessary,we should avoid it。
    • 蒋立艳 2020-03-26
      First of all, it is very important to read widely, so as not only to quote other people's views, but also to avoid the coincidence of one's own views with others. Second, we'd better mark out the source when quoting other people's opinions. Third, we can deepen our research and put forward our unique ideas on the basis of others' research. The most important thing is not to be the same, express your thoughts in your own words and ways of thinking.
    • Dong 2020-05-19
      Aims are specific and collecting data is important.
    • 谭清静 2020-05-24
      I think plagiarism is that you copy the original completely. To avoid plagiarise, we can quote the original and explain the author.
    • 我也要说
      还有6条回复,点击查看

• 廖新宇 2020-02-25

I think it is possible to detect plagiarism through relevant software , and develop new ideas and new ideas to avoid plagiarism

回复
  • 徐明惠 2020-02-25

According to the author's handbook for MLA research papers (1995), plagiarism is when a person USES another person's words or ideas as their own without proper validation in writing. As follows: 1. Copy a sentence or paragraph directly from the original without any changes.2. Copy a paragraph, but replace some words with words that have similar meanings.3. Find fixed phrases from different sources and put them with some of your own words.Rewrite a paragraph: rewrite the paragraph with some words and structural changes.Choose a word or phrase from the text because it is very special.8. Copy an article from a magazine, textbook, or website. and the way to avoid plagiarism is to avoid of citation and paraphrasing.

回复
  • 李申阳 2020-02-25

There is a paper review software on the Internet.

Be practical and creative in our writing.

收起
    • 卢爵然 2020-05-27
      We can check the heavy in the professional website,if the heavy check rate too high will have the suspicion of plagiarism.
  • 水豚肉肉仔 2020-02-25

I think we should check on the Internet in advance to make sure we have not plagiarized.

收起
  • 罗鸿丹 2020-02-26

In many cases, a copycat mainly uploads plagiarized articles to his own website. If his website is included, we can check it through the search engine. I think you have to be flexible. While drawing on others' opinions, we should express our approval to the original author and express others' opinions in our own words, because the words are our own and the opinions are others'.

回复
  • 李凯 2020-02-26

We can use some certain softwares and websites to detect the level of plagiarism so that we can make improvements and avoid plagiarism

回复
  • 汪辉 2020-02-26

I can read relevent materials through the internet to see if there is any plagiarism. I can also through the software to check if there is plagiarism.

回复
  • 王郡旖 2020-02-26

cite things and make all the things clear.

回复
  • 曾秀 2020-02-26

As we all know plagiarism is committed when one uses another people's words or ideas as one's own in his or her writing without proper acknowledgment. So when we quote others ideas, we should express where the ideas from. We can cite from another people's work with substantial changs in language and organization with documentation of its source. 

回复
  • 韦智益 2020-02-26

I can search relevant keywords Online./1. When writing articles in a certain field, refer to books or related articles in the field and study how they are quoted.
    2. Don't think you won't be caught. It's almost impossible. Now Internet technology is developed. There are many ways. There are too many people who are forced by cattle, you can't escape their eyes. Instead of focusing on how to plagiarize, take the time to seriously study how to avoid plagiarism.
    3. Learn to be flexible. We should use others' opinions for reference and express our approval to the original author, and express others' opinions in our own words, because the words are our own and the opinions are others'.

回复
  • 陶话 2020-02-26

Avoiding plagiarism can pass the paper detection, mostly for the published graduation thesis, journal articles, and conference papers to match, and some databases also contain some articles of the network.

回复
  • 向琦文 2020-02-26

To find out wheather I plagiarized or not, we may use some kinds of tools such as the WPS office to do a duplicate checking.

As for me ,I think that old facts with new minds may not be plagiarism. The standard we take now may be too strict.However ,in our daily life ,we should be better to use less repeated words to make sure our work done well. 

回复
  • 冉红榜 2020-02-26

1. Look at books or articles in your field and see how they are cited. 2. Learn to be flexible. While borrowing others' opinions, express approval to the original author and express others' opinions in your own words.

回复
  • 刘享龙 2020-02-26

In my opinion, in addition to relying on self-awareness, we should also check the repetition rate of relevant websites, and make appropriate modifications to our articles, so as to prevent plagiarism to a large extent.

回复
  • 汤钧雷 2020-02-26

I think proper plagiarism is not a bad thing, but it will add glory to our article. Too much plagiarism is disgusting

回复
  • 风正 2020-02-26

Plagiarism detection-programs works by taking a string of words and then running them through a database. Much like just copying random sentences from your text and running it through google - you would most likely get a result from the original text.

收起
    • 焦明灿 2020-05-30
      Yes, and what's more is avoiding plagiarism can pass the paper detection, mostly for the published graduation thesis, journal articles, and conference papers to match, and some databases also contain some articles of the network
  • 谢娟 2020-02-26

1:i I think when we quote some things without proper akcnowledging the original source

2:we can take some measures to aviod 

use a synonym of a word or phrase 

change the order of imformation

change the postive into the negtive and vice versa

回复
  • 胡训烽 2020-02-26

If we fool ourselves into believing we're not doing anything wrong, we can't see the real choice we're making--and that leads to bad decisions.We should insist on originality,improve our ability and strengthen our awareness of intellectual property rights.

回复
  • 谭爽 2020-02-26

First of all, we should hold a principle of no plagiarism. If we need others' research results, we should discuss with the author. We can use modern technology to avoid this kind of problem.First of all, we should hold a principle of no plagiarism. If we need others' research results, we should discuss with the author. We can use modern technology to avoid this kind of problem.

回复
  • 杨灵冰 2020-02-26

First of all, I am sure that I did not plagiarize. Secondly, we can double-check the paper  to see if there is any duplication between it and other papers. Then how to avoid plagiarism? We need to use our own language to describe it, and protect our own papers, insisting that we do not use them for reference.

回复
  • 吴俊谕 2020-02-26

Plagiarism is pretending to be one's own language, idea, or achievement.

When writing articles in a certain field, refer more to books or related articles in the field and study how they are quoted.

回复
  • 吴俊谕 2020-02-26

Plagiarism is pretending to be one's own language, idea, or achievement.

When writing articles in a certain field, refer more to books or related articles in the field and study how they are quoted.

回复
  • 1820200319黄一洋 2020-02-26

Check some websites, such as HowNet. You can see how other people's articles are organized. You can learn from them, but never copy them

回复
  • 1839010211卢相泽 2020-02-26

To be honest,I will plagiarize somethings sometimes,for example,when doing some writing,you need to look for feferences from the Internet and books.Sometimes plagiarism is a kind of wisdom,but  you can't rely on it. So i will do more reading to enrich my knowledge to avoid plagiarism.

回复
  • 肖洋 2020-02-27

Check through relevant software and convert text to picture.

回复
  • 汪林忠 2020-02-27

Many times we can check the software to see if we have plagiarized.

Once you understand what others are saying, you can avoid copying by summarizing in your own words

回复
  • 刘思思 2020-02-27

As I know that  we should also do clearly with the repetition rate of relevant websites.

回复
  • 林思韵 2020-02-27

If you use some sentences from other people but not mark their authors that you have plagiarized. In order to avoid plagiarism, we should give clear indication of what you have quoted. 

回复
  • 王阳 2020-02-27

Find fixed phrases from different sources and put them with some of your own wordsand rewrite a paragraph.

回复

添加回复