课程特色

视频(59)
考试(53)
讨论(20)
图文(11)
下载资料(8)

Something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain just may be a gift

By 段林远 老师 2022-09-13 3213次浏览

Do you really think something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain just may be a gift? Voice your opinions and use the skills of agreeing and disagreeing you have learned from the lecture 2.1 when joining the discussion.

175 回复

• 陆姜梦 2022-09-18

I don't think so. It is necessary to analyze the good or bad of this thing to ourselves in two ways. If this sudden arrival is beneficial and helpful to us or what we need, it is a gift for us. If this sudden thing disrupts our rhythm or even brings us trouble, it is not a gift for us. The gift itself is uncertain to the recipient, so the sudden arrival of something should be determined from its good or bad aspects.

收起
    • 段林远 老师 2022-09-23
      Good point!
    • 陈哲汇 2022-10-10
      if you received a gift without knowing it, well, it mainly depends on whether it was a favorite gift or a gift from someone who was totally unexpected. I think it would be an unexpected gift. If I just don't know, but I don't like this reason, I think it may be the same as hunger. I don't care very much, so I can't talk about an accident. But if it's something I hate, it may become an unexpected shock. So I think it still depends on what the gift means and whether the gift giver is surprised. 195 word notice list picture phonetic handwriting
    • 胡乔立 老师 2022-10-11
      回复 19106824641:Reasonable!
  • 高楚寒 2022-09-21

In one's life, one will receive various gifts, which may come from others, from oneself, or from the world. You may be happy, ordinary or unhappy when you accept the gift. These gifts may also be lost in the endless life, so I searched my memory and finally found it, life. Yu Hua, a famous writer, has an enduring work Alive, and most of human suffering comes from human identity.Most people suffer from illness, poverty and mental pressure from others in their lives. For some people, life seems to be unexpected. Life seems to bring too much sorrow to the inevitable death. But I still think it is a gift, because it belongs to me completely from beginning to end. It allows me to meet other individuals, it allows me to compare happiness from pain, and it allows me to create, transmit and change something.

收起
    • 段林远 老师 2022-09-23

Good point and detailed explanations! But what do you mean by the sentence "it allows me to compare happiness from pain"?

• 徐某 2022-09-22

This is completely different from my point of view。Without your effort and talent,nothing would be earned or packed as a gift。Meanwhile,it’s very important that you should realize the contingency and inevitablity of events,which you have confused into certainty。Life might take unexpected,unwanted and uncertained something,we’d better regard it as the result of our efforts。

收起
  • 周芷萱 2022-09-23

I don't think an expected thing can be called a gift. A real gift should make each other  happy. And an unexpected gift only satisfies the desire of the giver and lacks the positive emotions of the person who received. Then the gift loses its own meaning of existence.

收起
  • 刘青 2022-09-23

Actually ,i thingk it depends on the situation.When the unexpected heavily illness coming,it maybe cannot become into a gift  because it can bring us from the warm surroundings 、harmonious family and perfect position.But if a unwangted object came into your life,maybe it would be a gift for you .Like a childern ,a losted book .

收起
  • 余杨 2022-09-23

I think something uncertain is a marvellous gift.When we get something we never imagine,it must be an intriguing experience,we will meet some new things,enjoy some experience which is probably novel to us.To make a long story short,as long as we love life,no matter what happen,life is beautiful.

收起
  • 虞若萱 2022-09-23

In my point of view,whether something that unexpected,unwanted and uncertain is a gift or not depends on the characters of the recipients and the situation they are in.If you're a optimistic people and lead a ordinary life without too much pressure,you may face it bravely when the unexpected dawns and learn from the experiences that you go through.However,for a pessimist who even suffer from mounts of sorrow,an unexpected thing might be "the last straw that crushed the camel",and that is a tragedy for sure.

收起
  • 沈正阳 2022-09-23

It depends.For optimists or open-minded people,something unexpected may literally be a gift which might be seen as the driving force.Nevertheless,for pessimists,unwanted things may serve as a stone in their heart,putting pressure on them.

收起
  • 陈铮立 2022-09-23

I think not all suffering is a gift, but those who make you grow and become stronger after experiencing the suffering must be God's gift to you in life, it is these suffering, not only exercise our bones and muscles, but also exercise our mind.

回复
  • 叶宇轩 2022-09-23

It's hard to say.In my opinion,it depends on who recieves the unexpected gift.If the guy has a strong heart,that might be a good gift.But if the guy is vulnerabale,it will be a disaster for he.

收起
    • 杨淑丹 老师 2022-10-01
      Pay attention to a minor grammatical mistake in your comment. It will be a disaster for "him" instead of "he".
  • 张双勇 2022-09-23

I don't think so,for me,something unexpected,uncertain,or unwanted only is a signal for me to make a choice.Centainly,it is exactly that the results comes to two aspects.whether the results is bad or good,it depends on your inner opinion.we all need to accept it,It's the most important thing.

回复
  • 朱雨迪 2022-09-23

I don't something that unexpected unwanted and uncertain just be a gift.because in our mind  gift is something can bring happiness and excitement to us.and not all unexpected thing is nice.so i think we should judge in ourselves.

回复
  • 余欣然 2022-09-23

I totally agree with that.

Because in my opinion, they represent the unknown, represent the infinite possibility, and imply that we can give full play to our imagination and create our own success.

回复
  • 王丽敏 2022-09-23

Maybe you opinion is right  in certain extent . But from my pespective ,it depends on the specific situation.We can't evaluate whether something uncertain is good or bad for us before we open it,nor can we judge if it is a favorite gife.Furthermore,if the gift can 't meet your expectations ,we even can't take it as a gife and probaly we feel disappionted.

回复
  • 林祖萍 2022-09-24

I think something that's unexpected,unwanted and uncertain just may be a gift.For example,you didn't got the BTS concert ticket,and your friend got it and gave it to you. That's unexpected,but you can't say it's not a gift.Such a big gift!!!

回复
  • 张冉冉 2022-09-24

I can't give a definite answer,because it can make some people grow up after the wind and rain, but it can also defeat some people .Or it is a revenge gift. Those who are willing to accept it will become outstanding, while those who are unwilling to accept it will suffer.The brave accept themselves, the weak reject themselves .

回复
  • 林淑惠 2022-09-24

Yes,I think that’s totally right.Like the character of the speech,a brain tumor is unexpected for her.Nevertheless,she just redefined it as a‘gift’.The postive sides that the tumor brought maybe  an unique experience.For example,acquaintances,unsurpassed vitality,inspiration all overwhelmed her during the illness.Through her sharing,we can understand that something that’s unexpected,unwanted and uncertain just may be a gift.So companions,don’t remain negative.Just confirm the unexpected as a gift.Embrace the brilliance.

收起
    • 叶华 老师 2022-10-13

"Redefine" is a great word. Yes, what is brilliant about being human beings is that we can define and redefine things and thus decide what they mean to us.

• 樊思进 2022-09-24

yes ,i agree this opinion.For me,when i face upexcepted things,I'll be curious about it.And then to fight it with my own strength. This is a process of self-improvement.And life is boring if nothing unexpected happens.

回复
  • 孙彤彤 2022-09-24

Yes,I think it is really a best gift for us because there is no man without suffering.These seemingly bad things are actually opportunities for us to grow.Facing up to the unexpected is what makes life wonderful!

回复
  • 卓杭利 2022-09-24

I think it's right. Although this gift is unexpected, unwanted and uncertain, it is also given by others. This is the will of others. We should cherish it. Giving us a gift means that others care about us at least a little bit. Maybe we don't like this gift, but it's just a gift and won't affect us, will we?

回复
  • 叶一舟 2022-09-24

In my opinion,  it depends.In some cases,something that unexpected may be a chance,which could help one attach to the destination.At which time ,we called it a gift.While when it be the opposite,we'll hate the unexpected.However,to the optimistic ones,every thing could be a "gift",even it's suffering.As the saying in Forrest Gump,life is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you're gonna get.So,I think it's not whether the unexpected is that depends,but your attitude to the unexpected depends whether it's a gift.

回复
  • 应铠煜 2022-09-24

I think that is right.No one can image the coming things.You do not know the things that will come tomorrow,and you also can not catch the things have passed.The only thing we can do is just follow our hearts to take the gift though it is unexpected, unwanted and uncertain.We can not change the fact.We can just try our best to make the result better.No matter the gift is good or not,if you don not accept it,you can not change it.In my opion,the gifts are also called the chance.

回复
  • 李欣禹 2022-09-24

As far as I’m concerned,whether a thing can be a gift depends on the specific situation.Because of the uncertain,it represents infinite possibilities.If it brings opportunities, progress, growth or somehing which is meaningful for us,then it can be called a gift.However,If it brings distress, misfortune and pain, I don't think anyone will regard it as a gift.Therefore, we should keep a rational and objective attitude towards the unexpected,unwanted and uncertain.Finally let nature take its course, accept its good and bad, and make ourselves grow from it.

回复
  • 丁泓及 2022-09-24

i do think so.Because life is inherently filled with unknowns that includes gifts or difficulties.We can not change or avoid them.However,if we can adjust your mindset and be enthusiastic with the unknowns,maybe problems are not problems。And we  will surely learn a lot from the valueable experience.Then,no matter troublesomes or pleasure are going to turn into gift

回复
  • 吴其泽 2022-09-24

I do not think so.First of all,the unexpected and unwanted and uncertain thing will be different for different people,some people may think the unexpected thing will add luster to their lives,but the other people may think that things will make some trouble to their lives.In my opinion,gifts must be something that can make people happy and surprised,but not the things make people upset and make our life a mess.

回复
  • 俞悦 2022-09-24

In our daily life,we often encounter accidents,some will make us think it is a surprise, but some will also make us think it is a disaster.But no matter what they are,they actually make a difference to our life and we can't avoid and escape.Since it is so,why don't we treat them as gifts.We can learn from them and understand the truth.Only when we turn the unexpected, unwanted and uncertain into gifts can our life be full of sunshine.

回复
  • 傅佳媛 2022-09-25

I think this matter should be viewed from two different perspectives. On the one hand, it can be a gift. For example, people do not want to die, but the best spirit of people is not to live a warm and strong life knowing that the end of their lives is death, to create a better life. On the other hand, it may not be a pleasant "gift". The weather is unpredictable. We can't predict the future. We don't know which will come first tomorrow or the accident. When disaster comes, people will also feel pain. Now it's not a gift.

回复
  • 李知烨 2022-09-25

I think the answers might be different to varying people and it depends on the personal capacity.As the speaker has said,she regarded the brain tumor as a precious gift and that idea was actually based on the fact that she has survived this dreadful disaster and had a transformation.An unexpected incident is whether a gift or a trap is ultimately depending on yourself.If you have overcome the barriers and not lost your vitality for life,you can bravely embrace that gift that motivate you to stride ahead.But converse,if you can not entirely handle the situation,the so-called “gift” will utterly turn your whole life into a mess.

回复
  • 杨玉明 2022-09-25

In our life,we often encounter something which is terrifying.However,we must gather our courage to overcome fear and defeat it.Those uncertain challenges offer us many unlimited possibilities.Meanwhile, our ability to deal with problems can be improved.Therefore, I am sure that something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain just may be a gift.

回复
  • 孙今宵 2022-09-25

I don't think so.We can't tell whether the unknown is good or bad for us.On the one hand, if the unknown can bring us benefits, it is undoubtedly a surprise gift.On the other hand, if the unknown will bring us disaster and sorrow, it cannot be called a gift.However, in my opinion, we should always be in awe of the unknown. We should not only explore boldly the unknown, but also be careful.

回复

添加回复