南京师范大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(33)
作业(8)
考试(1)

(U4讨论)你会做何选择?

By 胡盼 老师 2022-04-18 2285次浏览

To live well off by doing a job you dislike or to pursue your dream despite the hardships, which will you most likely choose? Why?  

34 回复

• Fannnn 2022-04-18

I prefer the latter, because dream is the intellectual impetus. The pursuit of dream can motivate me to study hard, to be self-disciplined, to get through all the setbacks.On the contrast,it's more likely for me to withdraw from the hardship when leading a job I actually dislike, and I can't feel motivated to work hard. The joy of chasing my dream is what I can't experience if I'm stuck in a job I'm not interested in.Despite the probable failure to realize my dream, I won't feel regreted if I have strived for it.

83-13

回复
  • 23袁雪 2022-04-18

I may choose the latter to pursue my dream despite the hardships. There are three main points for the reasons. First and foremost, I attach more importance to my dream instead of the high salary because the dream is the power in my soul and never will I forget. What's more, in the long run, the hardships can be overcome through the efforts, which will motivate me to work hard and efficiently. Last but not least, I tend to have the feeling of gloom and depression if I do a job I don't like and the dream is a lamp shining in my way to what I really want. As a result, I will choose the latter. 

83-23

回复
  • 06210539简乐阳 2022-04-18

I would like to pursue my dream despite the hardships on my way.

Because I know exactly what I live for. Not for just a few decades of pleasure seeking, but to achieve my own value. In my belief, Life is a limited drama, and everyone knows his or her own script before coming into the world. But we still choose to come into the world, whether we play the role of comedy or tragedy. Each of us is a brave man. Compromise is for living, but life is not for compromise.

Also,pursuing a career you love does not mean failing or falling from grace; people are most efficient when they do what they love. People who pursue their dreams can also live well off.

Last, doing a job you don't like means you may be sacrificing your happiness or even your family. Although the pay is good, you may have to pay much more than the money to maintain such a monstrous life. It's more than it's worth. 

83-24

回复
  • 易水寒 2022-04-18

I will pursue my dream no matter how hard it is. Maybe someday I will grumble that my hobbies become jobs, but I will never regret my choose. Choosing what I like indicates taht I'm the person who always faces the difficluties without fear and really takes charge of the whole life. With this attitude, I keep living honesty and integrety, working hard to seek what I really want. Any way, we live to find our own way.

83-12

回复
  • 彤管有炜 2022-04-18

I‘m sorry but I may choose the former.To conquer hardship in pusuit of my dream may need perservance and courage far more than what we thought.And I cannot make sure whether I will have cold feet.If,luckily,I can realize my fantasy and make a living based on it,what I can do maybe is make both ends meet,not to mention my responsibility of taking care of my families.Last but not the least,every coin has its two sides.A job I dislike has both pros and cons.So every position could motivate the development of society,and I believe that I can get a sense of meaning in it.To sum up,landing a job you may not like much but can make a living by it is also a good choice ,even compared with an ideal career.

83-10

回复
  • 林晓铭 2022-04-18

I'd like to choose the second option. In my opinion, if I find a job I love, I don't have to "work" anymore. Because it is what I dream of and what I am passionate about. Although I might encounter lots of problems and disappointments during the process of persuing my dream, I am sure that I can overcome it. However, what if I take a job that pays well but not I don't like it? Depression will take hold of me whenever I start to work. It's troublesome. There is a lot of places you can find to get easy money, but we have only one opportunity to make your dreams come true. As far as I'm concerned, finance is secondary, passion is the first.

83-05

回复
  • 朱千缘 2022-04-18

I will choose to pursue my dream despite the hardships rather than live well by doing a job I dislike.

From my perspective, the meaning of life lies in doing what can bring delight and satisfaction to me. The true happiness is not material but spiritual.  Pursuing my dream is exactly what I can obtain joy and my life value from. Under this premise, the hardship during the process of pursuing my dream won't upset me. Instead , facing up to the hardship can give me a stronger sense of achievement.

On the contrary, although choosing to live well by doing a job that I dislike can guarantee my material life, it brings a spiritual void which will make me feel meaningless and empty, which is not I'm looking forward to.

83-18

回复
  • SUDA 2022-04-18

I would most likely choose the former to work in a job I don't like but live a prosperous life. I admit that the second option sounds more seductive and more like "the choice we should make". But, unfortunately, I don't know what my dream is and I'm not sure if I have such quantities to make it to the other side. And I don't think our lives are just our lives. Our families, our parents, the support they give us, the expectations they place on us, not only consume their lives but also circle our lives. It's nice to get out of the loop, but not everyone has that courage.

83-16

回复
  • 01210120沈弋力 2022-04-18

Whatever my dream is, I would like to choose the way of living well off by doing a job I dislike.

As for the reasons, first of all, I have only several decades feeling everything during my livelihood, so that if I don't have enough money, I can't pursue my life any other time. My dream doesn't have to be my job. My job is work and as for my dreams, I consider that part of my life.

What's more, it gives me more ability to hold on to my dreams because they don't always fit into making a living, but the extra time after work to do what I love is more relaxing.

In short, doing a job you don't like is not giving up on your dreams, but may be beneficial to achieving them.

83-03

回复
  • 01210121沈如珊 2022-04-18

I would like to choose the latter one which pursues my dream despite the hardships. Just as the saying goes, “Nothing but enthusiasm brightens up the endless years.” In my opinion, a dream is like a fire. If the fire is off, the passion also disappears. Choosing a job which I like not only helps me improve work enthusiasm, but also enhances work satisfaction. Although pursuing my dream means meeting more challenges, through hard-work, we can still achieve our dream and live well off. As a result, momentary gains and losses should not be the criteria for making choices. We should insist on our dreams.

83-04

回复
  • lk 2022-04-18

I would choose the former one.
    First, weather i like it or not, work is just a duty to me, it holds no representation of dream or something. Besides, poverty is something I can’t bear. And if you ask me ‘what about your dream?what about you persuasion?’ I would say, with enough money, there are more resources for you to chase your dream, for example, a wider connection to people, more choices to your tool, and maybe more available time. At last, i don’t really consider working a job you liked can actually gave you passion and aspiration. I mean sometimes, yes, you enjoy your job, but I’m afraid that rest of the time you are just complaining at it.

83-29

回复
  • Aquarius 2022-04-18

I will most likely choose the latter one. From my perspective, a job means more than a living. Alternatively, it can be a lifelong partner which requires both enthusiasm and patience. If I choose the former one, I suppose that it will anguishes me as it forces me to work reluctantly. Although on our way pursuing dreams will confront many obstacles, willingness towards our dreams can help us get through the hard times. Only when we choose our interests can we lead a happy life, As a consequence, we should head for it confirmly.

83-08

回复
  • 02210332胡奕洋 2022-04-18

I prefer the latter. The reason can be simple: I just cannot do well on the thing I dislike. So maybe the former assumption will never come to reality for me. Anyway, once you indulge the work you have affection on, there seems no hardship compared to the joyment and self-fulfillness it brings to you. In a word, I would rather choose my dream job than the high-paid but less interesting one.(83-21)

回复
  • 01210116李雨萌 2022-04-18

l would like to choose the latter.As far as l am concerned, pursuiting the dream  is the most significant thing in the common life.There are a variety of jobs due to the social division of labor so that it may be difficult to seek for a job to fit yourself.However,find what you like to do will provide more happiness rather than doing the job you are not enthusiastic about with the only purpose of making a lot of money.Finding a quiet place to set your heart  and getting a belonging of self worth are the compulsory need for me.

83-02

回复
  • 02210422沈一帆 2022-04-18

I will choose the latter,so to speak,to pursue my dream despite the hardships. In terms of  doing a job I dislike, the job means to cost my life,not only making me overwhelmed by burdening tasks,but also discouraging my passion from those I prefer to do.  Significantly, life is one thing that must be experienced through my efforts, to purse something that I always kind of know, but could hardly think about too much, especially when I immerse myself in what I dislike.  The process to achieve my dream may be tough, but it will never less than the real meaning of my life, regardless of material life.

83-22

回复
  • 鲁余妍 2022-04-18

I prefer to cut my life into halves.In the first half, I will live well off by doing a job I dislike, and the second half I will pursue my dream despite the hardships, because I hold the view that neither live well off by doing a job I dislike or pursue my dream despite the hardships  practical. I have a dream, so I must  have a good  financial  and sourse foundation during my pursuit, thus, I will do a well-pay job I dislike in my first half life to get enough money and expand my social hub to get  substantial interpersonal network, these are good preparations for my second half pursuit for my dream.  It will largely reduce the difficulties, in which way, l will pursuit my dream heart and soul, without any hesitation.

83-06

回复
  • Katja 2022-04-18

Under most circumstances, we have no chance to choose. The reality always coerces normal people into the former option which means life makes the decision instead of ourselves, cruelly. A large part of employees do their jobs diligently, not for their hobbies or preferences, but to make both ends meet. To live in this world, what we have to accept is that sophistication dwarfs enthusiasm and passion, always.

83-11

回复
  • Pillar 2022-04-18

I may choose the former one. As far as I am concerned, a life I want both includes physical and spiritual wealth. If I have a chance to live well off by doing a job I dislike, I think I will take the chance to pursue a life that I desire. A wealthy physical life is the base of  of pursueing my dream. What's more, a different job gives me an opportunity to examine wether the dream I have now is really what I want.  Additionally, I think it is hard to persist in persiut of my dream because of the unimaginable difficulty. I can choose a job that can offer me a well off life and then run after my dream in a way easier. In a word, choosing the former doesn't mean that I will give up my dream and take the latter one dosen't mean I can live a life I want.

83-28

回复
  • six111111 2022-04-18

I’d love to choose to do the job I dislike rather than ruin my dream. In my opinion, it’s hard to keep enthusiasm when what I love links to pressure and a pile of restrictions, which might prevent me from the original aspiration. Therefore, keeping hobbies and work separate has become a survival rule for corporate slaves. Compared to being knocked down by burdens, finding a well-paid job and pursuing hobbies at weekends seems to be a more stable way towards a happy life. Moreover, those whose work is a method to make a living lowering expectations at work can keep themselves from being disappointed.

83-27

回复
  • Datactus 2022-04-18

Despite the tough conditions, I will choose to follow my heart. First of all, you only live once in this world. You will be remorse if you are living a normal life. Because you do have the possibility and capability to become the big name you ever dream of.  Apart from this reason, your own dream may evaluate it into a new direction for our human beings. If you focus on the things you addict like Steve Jobs, you may erect your own legends,
    like the iPhone someday.   The products through the progress you pursuit the dream may benefit the home and abroad. Finally, you will enjoy the joyous when you succeed in chasing the dream. You may suffer the sadness when you fail. Both of the feelings will congeal into beautiful memories you may remember forever. And memories are the most important thing to the individual. In conclusion, I will choose to pursue my own dream instead of doing a job as a normal one.

回复
  • 17210106叶紫炫 2022-04-18

I will choose to pursue my ideals. I think that only when I really love it, I will make efforts to do it well. Because it is my ideal, I am willing to spend my whole life to perfection. Even if I choose the work I don't want to do in order to compromise my life, I will be empty because of the lack of pursuit in life and confused because of the lack of goal. Even if I live well, my heart can't get real happiness. On the contrary, if I pursue my dream, even if I encounter setbacks in the process, even if the living conditions may not be very good, my heart will be truly satisfied. Therefore, I will choose to overcome all difficulties to pursue my ideal.

83-32

回复
  • 刘若溪 2022-04-19

I would like to choose the former. Totally I'm not an idealist, pursuing dreams is just part of life, it does not necessarily bring me excellent living conditions. On the contrary, when the process of pursuing the dream is so difficult that it affects the normal life, then the dream also lose its own meaning. Therefore, I think I will engaging in the job which I may dislike to create a happiness life. On top of that, I will continue to purse my dream.

83-17

回复
  • 01210230 2022-04-19

I can't say which opinion I will support in years to come, but for now, I will choose the latter. I still have a chance of trial and error, so why not go after my dream? In the future, work will be a large part of our lives, which requires not only material satisfaction, but also spiritual prosperity. Choosing a job that pays you enough to live on but you don't enjoy can be emotionally draining. I'm willing to sacrifice some of my stability for the pleasure of my spirit.   

83-09

回复
  • 白文卉 2022-04-20

I will choose  pursue my dream despite the hardships. In my opinion, people live for their dream and their ideal. If a person lose his/her dream to pursue money to keep her/his life, her/his life must like a bottle of water which cannot flow. Life will become more and more boring with out a dream. And I will die soon if I choose a job which I dislike just to live.I think this life is pathetic. So this is the reason why I won't abbandon my dream.

83-19

回复
  • 01210430徐君皓 2022-04-21

I will choose to live well off by doing a job a dislike. Here are my reasons. To start with, dream, by definition, is a wish to have something, especially one that seems quite difficult to achieve, That is to say, it’s easy for us to encounter setbacks on our way to pursue our dream and too much suffering will quench our motivation, letting alone it remains a mystery whether we can realize our dream. Secondly, people’ s dream can change easily, not to mention there are a whole lot of people who are uncertain about their dream including me, so how can we ensure that we won’t give up or change our mind halfway on our way to pursure our dreams? At last, life is not only about poems and dreams, but also compromise. Indeed doing a job I dislike is bad, but from it I can surely make a good living with my family. I would rather pay more attention to the present than illusory dreams. 

83-15

回复
  • C然然C 2022-04-21

I will choose to live well off by doing job a dislike. Because I know my dream is so far from me that I must spend a lot of time to achieve. But before that, I have to take care of myself and depend on myself. So I perfer to do a job which maybe I dislike but enable me to live my life with less stress. If I can live well off and save some money by doing job a dislike, I could have more power to chase my dream. By the way, no one can make sure that there is no possibility that I fall in love with the job I dislike before.

83-26

回复
  • 02210329娄艺馨 2022-04-21

I will choose to pursue my dream despite the hardships. First of all, I am delighted to pursue my dream and I will feel happy. I am full of comfidence to realize my dream. But if I do a job I dislike, I will be upset. What's more, I will continue to grow in the process of realizing my dream. Encountering obstacles, I will be stronger. Last but not least, life is a process of struggling for success. We creat our future by ourselves. So I will challenge it without regret.

83-20

回复
  • 10210342胡璟璐 2022-04-21

I will do the well-paid job. There are three reasons supporting my choice.

First of all, it should be admitted that in the current society young people have a really high cost if they attempt but fail, at that time I cannot take responsibility for my family and myself, which will suffer me from stress and guilt very much. Secondly, I can switch my attitude towards the job, finding the joy while doing it. What matters most is that, choosing the former option doesn't mean I will give up my dream, instead of this, on one hand, when I own certain financial foundation, the broader horizon will assist me to examine if I am truly fond of my ideal, on the other hand, adequate financials and stable living conditions will also support me in pursuing my dream more effectively. Anyway, there is no need to rush to pursue my dream, since I have all my life chasing it, slowly but steadily.

83-25

回复
  • 10210342胡璟璐 2022-04-21
    • I will do the well-paid job. There are three reasons supporting my choice.

First of all, it should be admitted that in the current society young people have a really high cost if they attempt but fail, at that time I cannot take responsibility for my family and myself, which will suffer me from stress and guilt very much. Secondly, I can switch my attitude towards the job, finding the joy while doing it. What matters most is that, choosing the former option doesn't mean I will give up my dream, instead of this, on one hand, when I own certain financial foundation, the broader horizon will assist me to examine if I am truly fond of my ideal, on the other hand, adequate financials and stable living conditions will also support me in pursuing my dream more effectively. Anyway, there is no need to rush to pursue my dream, since I have all my life chasing it, slowly but steadily.

• 83-25

回复
  • 其姝 2022-04-22

The contradiction between realism and idealism will be a subject that each of us will face. I think we should look at this issue dialectically. When I am living in hardship, I will temporarily give up my ideals and do jobs that I dislike but pay well to meet my basic survival needs. But though I am in the well, my heart will be in the stars, and I will not give up the pursuit of my dream even in a job I do not like. When I am able to meet my basic needs, I will strive to pursue my dreams, defying all odds and hardships.

83-14

回复

添加回复